Yesterday we gave the first share to the brand new Peter Cat video for 'Hand Through Hair', here's a little something the man behind the band had to say about it: “To paraphrase Liz Lemon, we’ve been workin’ on our night cheese. "Our new single ‘Hand Through Hair’ is a cocksure cocktail of fuzzed-out guitars and frustrated … Continue Reading ››
The world of And Yet It Moves had fell quiet for some time, and no one despite a small group of people knew exactly what was happening, however Dale Barclay the frontman of the group contacted me wanting to shed light and share exactly the ordeal that has happened. Cutting to the chase, at the tender … Continue Reading ››
10. TeenCanteen - ‘Millions’ [Last Night From Glasgow] ‘Millions’, and the Sirens EP that contained it, was an unexpected deep and emotional turn from TeenCanteen, but this track is quite possibly their strongest work to date. This very personal number cover reflects on singer Carla J Easton’s feelings … Continue Reading ››
20. Golden Teacher - ’Spiritron’ ‘Spiritron’ was the standout in an unexpected joyous surprise of a Golden Teacher full-length, No Luscious Life. The track captures the band’s effervescent live sound with an addictive mess of punk energy, otherworldly synths and Detroit funk, dancefloor hitting beats.
30. Siobhan Wilson - ‘Whatever Helps’ [Song, by Toad] Immediately, ‘Whatever Helps’ shows off a more darker tone than Siobhan Wilson’s earlier, more twee-sounding material; the delicately soft vocal remain, but it is now layered, and more ominous sounding. An ode to fighting against a lost love, … Continue Reading ››
40. Marble Gods - ‘Washing Machine’ “a song about finding your feet and washing your socks”, it couldn’t have been put any better. Marble Gods are a band that exude joy, and ‘Washing Machine’ is the perfect example of that with its delightful lo-fi indie pop jangle, … Continue Reading ››
50. Stillhound - ‘X, Y & Dread’ ‘X, Y & Dread’ is a very stylish song, which is very sparing with its sound, never over-doing anything, with electronic sounds range from punchy and in your face – perhaps even discordant – to subtle, nuanced and quiet. Stillhound have … Continue Reading ››
30. Polarneck/Grand Pricks - Polarpricks [GoldMold] Grand Pricks’ offer tracks that seem to always be building, replacing toe-tapping with jumping around wanting more, raucous anti-establishment punk which manages to deliver both the simple hook … Continue Reading ››